Sunday, October 26, 2014

Artist Steal











 Artist Steal
     At the beginning of this unit, I was asked if I thought copying was okay.  My answer was instinctively no, until I realized that it's ok to steal certain ideas and use your artistic ability to make it your own.  For one of my artist steal projects, I combined a German Shepherd silhouette and a zentangle. As you can see, the picture in the top left was the silhouette shape that I "stole".  I surprisingly learned a lot about proportion during this unit while trying to take the tiny image and enlarge it for my huge sheet of paper!  (The zentangle was also very fun to make.)



 Final
This was my final artist steal project.  I found a creepy wooded picture that I liked online and printed it out.  Then, I layered paper and bark from my tree on top.  I added some flowers for extra color and 3-D look.  I got the idea for the rip down the page look from pinterest.

This was the example I used to create the look for the monster claw opening the paper above.
   2 in 1
 This artist steal project was one I had a lot of fun with.  I knew instantly I wanted to do something that mixed princess faces with something else.  Pinterest gave me the expressions for the princesses' faces, and I looked up a picture of the ""Totally Spies" girls for the bodies.  I call this project "Totally Princess." Haha.  This unit really taught me a lot on free-handing


details.  I don't like tracing, so I do the
best I can with capturing the details while free-handing!  I also learned that no idea that anyone will ever have is original.  There's always somewhere you derive your idea from.














http://www.pinterest.com/laurenaudycki/art/

No comments:

Post a Comment